WHO ARE WE?
Glitter Me Up is the data controller (i.e. the company who collects your data) and we control how it is and will be used.
Here at Glitter Me Up we respect your privacy and are 100% committed to protecting the personal data of our customers (and everyone who visits our website).
SUPER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Our website is not intended for children and so we do not knowingly collect data relating to children under the age of 16.
If you feel we’ve not done something quite right then you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, really appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please do get in touch with us first.
YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
BUT WHAT DO WE ACTUALLY COLLECT?
We have summarised below the types of personal data we may collect, use, store and transfer about you, including:
- first name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender (we call it ID Data);
- billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers (we call it Order Data);
- includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us – we will however never retain any of your financial data (as Glitter Me Up does not process your payments, as we use third party providers) (we call it Trans Data);
- internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website (we call it Nerdy Data);
- your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and any survey responses (which you fill out from time to time) (we call it Unique Data);
- information about how you use our website (we call it Usage Data); and
- your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences (we call it PR Data).
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Where we need to collect personal data by law, to complete an order, enter you into a competition or otherwise conclude our contract with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to complete such order, secure your place in the competition or perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. If this happens w will do our best to fulfil but we may have to cancel a product you have tried to order from us or strike you from the competition. We will try and inform you if this is the case.
HOW, WHY & WHAT
See below a summary of the personal data we collect, why we collect it and how we use it. This should make sense, but if it is not clear please do drop us an email and we can clarify.
|ID Data, Order Data and PR Date (contact details)||Why and what we do with it|
|We collect your full name, address, email address, phone number and date of birth (should you choose to provide it) when you register for an account with Glitter Me Up||We register your account with us and store your details so that you can login when you visit again.|
We also check whether you’re old enough to use our website.
We use these details to process your order. If we don’t have your address then unfortunately, we cannot perform our contract with you and send you our products.
We may send you status updates in relation to your order –we believe communication is key to customer service.
We may send you information about our amazing products and offers – if you opt in to receive updates then we’ll let you know all about these – you can opt out at any time.about these – you can opt out at any time.
|Contract Data and Trans Data (contact history)||Why and what we do with it|
|We keep records of what you’ve said to us whether it be over the phone, by email or on instant chat (and even on social media from time to time) as well as your ID Data and Contract Data.||This allows us to provide better customer support.|
We need this so that we can deal with any comments or questions you may have and so that we can contact you in response.
We also need to understand what we are and aren’t doing well, so we can train our staff, improve our website and make our products the best they can be!
|Unique Data (our purchase history and saved items)||Why and what we do with it|
|We like to keep an eye on details of your previous orders, your browsing history on our website and products you had or have in your basket.||To provide customer support and handle returns/refunds.|
To figure out what products/offers you might be interested in and send you information on these.
So that we can display relevant adverts when you’re browsing third party websites and social media.
|Nerdy Data (information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website)||Why and what we do with it|
|Information about your computer, tablet, phone (including IP address, browser type, operating system software type and device type).||To figure out what products/offers you might be interested in and send you information on these. |
To enable you to store your preferences on your devices, so you can login easily.
To make improvements to our website and ensure we provide a unique and tailored experience for our customers.
|PR Data and ID Data (your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions)||Why and what we do with it|
|Your name, email address and any other information you provide to us when you take part in competitions or events we operate on our website, in store or via any other media (including through our social media channels).||If we can’t use your details when you enter our competitions, then we can’t complete our contract with you and you won’t be able to win our great prizes!|
We will use the data from the surveys you complete to improve our website and products.
If you submit an event enquiry, then we will need to contact you to discuss it.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to purchase our products via the website, and you are unlikely to be able to receive the customer service that we aim to provide.
We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our website, and developing new products. We also share this information with third parties.
Overall though, rest assured, we will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
WILL WE EVER SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We do not, and will not, sell any of your identifiable personal data to any third party – including your name, address or email address, however, we may from time to time share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- with companies that help us complete your order, such as payment service providers, warehouses, and delivery companies; and
- with professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us deliver Glitter Me Up to you.
- In certain circumstances we may also need to share your personal data with our legal advisers, bankers, auditors and insurers and our regulators, including HM Revenue & Customs and with any third parties to who we choose to sell or transfer any part of our business or assets.
If you’ve opted in and confirmed that you want to hear from us about what’s going on with Glitter Me Up then we may send you marketing messages by email, text or post (depending on your selected preferences).
If you decide you no longer want to receive these or you want to change your preferences, just let us know by:
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- visiting the personalised link at the bottom of all of our email communications with you; or
We will always obtain your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us which is necessary to complete our contract with you in response to your express request for events and competitions.
Change of purpose We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at email@example.com.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with this policy, where this is required or permitted by law
We do not currently transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Community (EEA). If we do transfer such data outside the EEA we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded by ensuring appropriate safeguards as required by law.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on Glitter Me Up instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place appropriate procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
We will retain your name, email address, address, phone number, date of birth, details of previous purchases, searches and items saved in your basket, which we collect when you hold an account with us for such time as you continue to hold an account with us.
We will retain your name, email address, delivery address and billing address which you provide to us when you make a purchase on our website or app and all our correspondence with you for seven years following your last purchase or contact, which is mostly for legal and accounting reasons.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see your legal rights below for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
TC “9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS” l 1WHAT ARE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS?
You have a number of important rights regarding your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data – you can request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data – your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with the law governing our contract with you. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data or the continued processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data – of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you require us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not require that we erase it.
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- you have objected to our use of your data; or
- where you request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
You may at any time withdraw consent where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please Contact Us by using the details provided in this policy.
For more information about your rights in relation to the way in which we process your personal data, please see the following link
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights), however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in such circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. If you fail to respond to such requests we may suspend or delete your account and you will be withdrawn from any competitions, your attendance at events may be withdrawn, and items in your basket may be removed.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.